Sunday, October 8, 2017

Renaissance Festival

Yesterday, Alex and I went to the Renaissance Festival up near Columbus! We got there at 11, and it had only opened at 10:30, so we were there for most of everything that went on. We didn't have costumes, at least, I didn't have one I was comfortable wearing where it might be too muddy to keep my dress clean. But we bought costumes at the shops there, and it was so much fun. 
We also saw real-life jousting, and I saw a guy get completely knocked off his horse!! It was crazy. The crowds were going nuts. Also they have really sharp swords, and they sliced a watermelon in half, from a horse, when the watermelon was sitting on a guy's head (he had a huge metal armor helmet). 
We got to see Ireland's number 1 tribal bagpipes and drums band, Albannach! We were on our feet jumping and clapping along, and they were going insane up on the stage, jumping everywhere and this one guy with a million tattoos was swinging his hair each time he hit the drum he was playing. That was one of my favorite parts.
All in all, it was an amazing day, and we have this picture (and a few other goofy ones that are still on Alex's phone) to show for it. I just love the castle in the background, that was the entrance gate to the festival. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?