Thursday, October 5, 2017

Creative To-Do List updated.

Completed and Incomplete items from a few days ago:
  • Listen to Enya's entire 'Greatest Hits' album  Look into buying on iTunes with my iTunes money I've been saving
  • Complete "Cinematic Buzz" track in GarageBand and post to SoundCloud. 
  • Play piano
  • Look for inspiration for a track inspired by 'red 18' from Tori, since other attempts failed at being awesome enough and I'm starting at square 1
  • Write a poem for today, possibly about feeling miraculously motivated
  • Make a smoothie 
  • Finish watching Hotel Transylvania 
  • Turn my calendar to October 
I only need to work on Tori's song and write a poem. I once had a New Year's resolution to write one poem every day, but I've barely written 12 poems in the past 12 months...
I went to the doctor yesterday for this cold I've had for the past week and a half, and I got an antibiotic and a lot of instructions on how to get all this stuffiness cleared up. So I'm laying low today, I've got permission to take long naps without setting a timer to wake up after 30 minutes, haha. 
When I finally decided that a week and a half was too long to be sick without doing anything about it, and I knew I had to call the doctor myself to make the appointment, I was kind of nervous about it. But I didn't let that stop me. And then I called, and they were able to get me in so quickly! It was encouraging to see results from doing something that was intimidating to me. 
Who knows what else I'll conquer as I go? Maybe I'll try painting my nails, finally, and just settle for the bad paint job that I'm sure I'll do the first or second time I try. But maybe I'll keep trying, and as I fail forward, I'll get better at it. Then I won't have anything keeping me from painting my own nails. Maybe I should put that on my list for the next thing I tackle. I don't have a job in the food industry anymore, and that kept me from being able to have painted nails at all, previously. But now, I only paint them when I can miraculously end up getting someone else who offers to paint them for me. And then I never take it off, and it just chips off as the months go by...not the best way to go. 

Today I'm sweeping the house. So I'm playing the Enya's Greatest Hits album as I go. I've got the kitchen swept, and I'm going to pull the chairs out and do the dining room...I'll probably take a little break each time I finish a room. I'll get this done, and then I will have accomplished another thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?