Monday, October 2, 2017

My Creative To-Do List

Oct 2, 2017 to-do list

  • Listen to Enya's entire 'Greatest Hits' album (already through 15 of 20 tracks, consider buying...)
  • Complete "Cinematic Buzz" track in GarageBand and post to SoundCloud. I need bass in this track, along with some extra rhythmic layers that soften the buzz
  • Play piano
  • Look for inspiration for a track inspired by 'red 18' from Tori, since other attempts failed at being awesome enough and I'm starting at square 1
  • Write a poem for today, possibly about feeling miraculously motivated
  • Make a smoothie 
  • Finish watching Hotel Transylvania from Saturday when I started it
  • Turn my calendar to October (it's been stuck on April and I haven't taken it down from the wall to change it in exactly six months.)
These are starting to not be just creative things . . . But I can look at them as if they are creative, because, in the end, I'll have more creative energy if I'm motivated by looking at the successes. The little things I've gotten done. That's a better way to look at it, instead of, "I have so much I have to do, and I only feel motivated to do the whimsical things, not the important ones."

If I look at the successes and not the failures, I won't feel like I've let myself down. I can show myself the same grace and mercy and patience that I show to others. Sometimes I hold myself to an impossible standard, and that's when I am overwhelmed by my thoughts. But I want to give myself a break, so that I can keep going and push through when I have those thoughts that I'm not doing a good enough job. 
All these things are doable. So I'll stop writing about it and go try doing it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?