Sunday, October 16, 2022

I'm blogging from a random restaurant by the running trail that my husband is running on today. I was planning to hang out in a cafe against the wall and play some Satisfactory on my laptop since I have it with me, but I decided it would be too much to do here where I'm kind of feeling out in the open...but then I chose to blog instead? Who knows. I don't know what to watch that I wouldn't watch with Alex, and there's not a specific project that I'm working on right now that I could work on, like an image/sign for church or a writing or musical thing, so I'm just blogging/journaling. 

I'm looking at the far wall as I think, but when people walk by and happen to get in the way of my line of vision, it looks like I'm looking at them, which is whatever except when it's a server and they think for a second that I might be trying to get their attention for something, but I'm just sitting at my table and listening to music trying not to stare at people, lol. 

I haven't really taken any cool/interesting photos lately, but I used to post some here and talk about them. I know I have some photos from years ago that I could bring up and talk about, but if I look through the photos I have on my computer or maybe scroll through my Google Photos gallery, I'd have my entire camera roll in front of anyone walking by, which isn't as hard to see by accident as this tiny white-on-black text in my blog post... So maybe I won't do that.

Lately I've been thinking and talking to some of the people in my life about how I wish I was currently working on writing something. I know that back when I had my poetry going strong, and when I was working on a novel or short story, that I loved getting in the zone and just writing for hours and hours.... I miss that feeling, and I wishno, I want to start something up again. 

But what kind of project should it be? There have been several different types of projects that I've considered over the past few years, and a lot of them were either cool novel ideas that would take a lot of dedication to start, work on regularly, and complete, or research paper ideas that would require kinds of research and data collection and analysis that I have never done before. If I had any ideas outside of these two categories, they were usually related to my desire to seek having more fresh poetry to publish with an actual publishing house, rather than self-publishing like I did in 2018, and not with the same poems held in that edition, and under my married name. I've heard that publishers and agents tend to look down on writers who have self-published in the past, as if it conveys that their work wasn't good enough to try to get it published professionally, or that it had even been denied by a publisher. That's not really the case for me, because I really do think I'd be happy with trying to submit what I wrote to a real publisher—I just didn't know at the time that there was anything wrong with self-publishing. So maybe trying to publish something completely new with no ties to my previous writing could actually work, and negate the potential drawbacks from having self-published before.

—I don't know when Alex will be finished running, and I kind of want to be able to just close my laptop and go, so I might try to wrap this up pretty soon here so that I'm not working on it when they finish running... I do have earbuds in, noise cancelling ones, and I'm often sneaked up on when I'm in this working-on-my-laptop gtg


1 comment:

  1. loool he came and got me so I had to say "gtg" really quick, hit submit, and wait for it to post before I could close my laptop 😅

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?