Monday, October 9, 2017

Job Searching

Well, this morning has been eventful. After kind of breaking down internally and wanting to go back to bed, I messed around on my computer, procrastinating, until I finally just googled "Daycare jobs in Milford" to see if there was another place I could apply to besides the one last week. That one didn't look perfect, really, because it had long hours.
But then I found this website that sets you up with parents who need a babysitter, or a nanny, or someone to pick up their kids or watch their dog, and you can set up a profile with your qualifications and a picture of you and you can apply to things and yeah! It looked normal at first but then I got super excited at all of the jobs I could apply to. I think I applied to five. I sent personalized messages based on what they'd written in their job posting, like "I love music, in fact, I studied music in college! I can give piano lessons, too, if you're interested" and stuff like that.
I didn't think I'd get that much done today, not at least from my perspective this morning. In the end, I'm not sure how it happened. But I'm glad it did, because now I've gotten excited about getting a job. I'm gonna go eat some lunch now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?